Schweinsteiger announced his retirement from the national football team

Bastian Schweinsteiger and the captain of the German national team midfielder line announced his retirement from international football after having made what all he could for his country. The player of Manchester United decided to end his international career after 120 matches (2014 World Cup winner) and after the deception in Euro 2016 (exit in the semi-final against France).
The 31-year-old said  in an official statement: "Dear fans , I recently asked the coach not to invite me to participate again because I decided to retire, I would like to thank the fans, the team, the German Union, and all the coaches working with us."
He added "I have played 120 international matches and lived beautiful moments are indescribable, Joachim Loew knows how much it means to me to win a euro in 2016, I wanted this title because Germany had not won it since 1996, but this did not happen."
"Winning the World Cup in 2014 was a historic achievement for me and can not be repeated in my career and for this reason I believe that's the time to stop, I wish all success for the team in the World Cup qualifiers."
"The team was always like a family for me and I hope that the contacts between us will continue in one form or another, I want to say thanks to our fans, it was a honor for me to play for them, Thanks for all the moments that I have passed with you."
Bastian Scweinsteiger, 2014 world cup winner

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires